10/29/08

mother

Africa, matriarch of all -
Hominid and homosapien - tap roots both of your loam
As I glass the globe, even at this diminutive distance,
I take note of the varying shades of blue
...ebbing and flowing over reef, trench and shoal,
to reach and round your horn
...Indigo, Tanzanite, and Lapis Lazuli...

Arabian Sea lapping at your vulva,
a gentle, yet forceful push, and withdraw, push, and withdraw...
ever widening and eroding the stricture of your gulf -
the scent of your innermost lushness beckons me
...my anticipation on the rise

Ah Aden, open and wanting!
You draw me into the cervix of your Red Sea
I bring fertility and life to your thirsting desolate soul -
45 degrees long and 12 degrees lat,
you will find her there

poem©GW Crow 2008. all rights reserved.

No comments: