1/17/09

God, You Can Really Piss Me Off

God I get pissed at you
for causing reminders of death
and illness to children
to be found in my Sunday paper

You are the omnipotent one,
so the onus is on you
Silly sick humored man,
or indifferent sailor of the ether
Your laugh on us is not appreciated by me -
your humor the least bit funny

The 'buy anything people' tell me that 'it's for a reason'...
'it's all in the book' they say.....ooh fuck yes!
that is all that is left to answer I suppose
when your back is up against the bullshit wagon
I look at my poster board in my music room
I keep it there to keep me grounded - to keep me honest in my blues
a ghoulish endeavor perhaps, but my chosen path...not to ignore
Clippings of children in a hospice ready to die
while Wall Street, Bush and the Dick walk away
to yip pie ki yi yeah little doggies (or however a good cowpoke spells that)

where did you learn your sense
of what you perceive is funny...old man
of what is just and fair
your time I fear has came
and gone with the last wagon train west
your bullshit smells clearly now to all
...except for those who cling to faith of Nada

God - John Lennon....I think he may have been right!

This has really been no poem...
just a rant surely to raise the ire of some and piss yet others off...but you know what....I'm sick of posting yet one more picture of one more dying child on this bulletin board of mine. Just sick of self-interested folks who care not a damned until it hits home...and then the shoe feels a little uncomfrotable on that foot. Reality Check!

No comments: